Friday 10 February 2017

Day 9 - to Laguna Torre, and beyond!


I'd like to say that we rose with the sun and hit the trail bright and early for our first big walk in Patagonia, but in reality, we mucked around and meandered across to the trail around 10AM. The walk we picked for today was the hike to Laguna Torre, a nice easy (haha) 18km (+ extra 4km optional scramble up a huge pile of rocks) return trip. I'm possibly the least fit person I know, and I didn't die during the 7 hours and 20 minutes we spent on the hike (although I came close). Not sure what else there is to say, so I'll let my unskillfully taken photos do the talking.


The beginning of the trail. It was all literally uphill from here


Sweaty selfie!





We made it to the lake! Unfortunately, it was too cloudy to see the peak of the Cerro Torre in all it's glory (still amazing nevertheless)


My first time up close to a glacier!


Photographic evidence that I made it. My photoshop-fu is not strong enough to edit me into a stock image so well


It was FREAKING COLD so close to the glacier and totally exposed to the mountain wind!

1 comment:

  1. Jesus that is gorgeous! Just caught up on your blog posts - well done at keeping (relatively) up to date :D
    XX Emma

    ReplyDelete